A geothermal system is a warming and cooling system for your air that compliments your HVAC system. Using the earth’s temperature, a geothermal heating system is a clean and efficient way to change the temperature in your home. If you are looking for a way to make your home’s air systems cleaner and more efficient, B&L Ott can help by installing a new geothermal system for you.
- Safe and Environmentally Friendly – A geothermal system does not use fossil fuels for power. Therefore, the power is cleaner and you do not need to worry about the threats of combustion or toxic gas.
- Increased System Life Span – Geothermal Systems are more durable than traditional air conditioning systems. They can last five times longer and require less repair maintenance. A quality geothermal system can typically last anywhere from 25 – 50 years, but some say they can last up to 100 years.
- Lower Utility Bills – Although the initial installation of a geothermal system seems expensive, the amount you can save on your utility bills will more than compensate for the initial cost. With notable efficiency and fewer breakdowns than the average air conditioning system, a geothermal system will save you money in the long run.
- Improved Comfort – Geothermal systems can help eliminate warm and cold spots in your home by heating the area evenly. This provides more comfort for you and your family.
- Comfortable and Not Noisy – B&L Ott’s geothermal systems are quite and do not make any more noise than your average household appliance.
- Hot Water – A geothermal system can be connected to your hot water heater as well and provide you with warm water for little to no cost.
How It Works
When you order a geothermal system a loop of pipes will be installed just under the earth’s surface on your property (about 10 feet down). At this level, the earth maintains a constant temperature between 50 and 60 degrees. The pipes are filled with water and continuously circulated through the loop of pipes and into a heat pump in your home. The water gives the air a base temperature and then your heat pump and HVAC system will heat or cool the air the rest of the way.
This system works in both summer and winter as the ground stays at a constant temperature. In the summer, the pipe’s level is cooler than the surface and in the winter it is warmer. The geothermal system uses little power to get mid-range temperature air into your home and saves work for your HVAC system.
Quality Geothermal System Installation Near Berks County
B&L Ott has a professional team of techs that will properly install a new geothermal system for you and answer any questions you may have. If you’re ready to start saving energy with a geothermal system, schedule an appointment with B&L Ott.