Primary Job Function
To provide maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of residential and commercial heating and air conditioning systems according to company standards providing the customer with a high quality experience. Provide feedback to Service Manager regarding technical training needs, inventory and retail pricing. Develop training programs for the service department as needed and directed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License
- Demonstrate willingness to invest in tools used in Service of HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time in service training seminars and classes.
- Understand and communicate benefits of preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills and have ability to communicate clearly, idea’s and explanations of problems to residential and commercial customers and coworkers
- Operate equipment and tools necessary for the position
- Nate Core Certification
- Acquire Specialty Certifications With-in 1 Year of Service Technician Level 5
- City of Reading Master Mechanical License
ℹ️ True emergency on-call service only – minimal after-hours work
- Purchase / Maintain required tool list
- Arrive at job-site at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Relocate from one job-site to another as dispatched during the workday
- Report to dispatcher when arriving and leaving job-site
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Complete all service related forms properly
- Customer service as required by position
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a wide range of residential and commercial equipment, present repair and replacement options
- Complete service repairs as approved by customer.
- Ability to layout, design and install low voltage wiring
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints and make accurate material lists
- Advanced diagnostic, repair and provide preventative maintenance on a wide range of residential and light commercial equipment without supervision
- Basic sheet metal & fiberglass duct practices
- Air balancing principles, techniques and diagnostics with velometer or hood
- Calculate equipment efficiency and operating costs
- Responsible for establishing technical training schedule based upon team needs for the calendar year as directed by Service Manager
- Create & present training seminars and classes for in-house meetings as directed by Service Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Full Benefits Included
We offer an excellent employment experience and make sure our dedicated staff members are rewarded for their commitment. Working for B&L Ott provides the following benefits:
- Attractive base pay compensation
- Pay bonus & SPIFF incentive programs
- Opportunity for advancement
- Health/prescription benefit plan
- Paid holidays
- Company vehicle and uniform
- Paid training and education
- 401k with company contribution
- Profit sharing opportunities
- Company cell phone
- Wellness program
- Financial and retirement planning